Europe is a great continent with a vibrant history and much to see. Whether you want to have breakfast in London and watch the sunset at the Eiffel Tower or enjoy the Alps and the Mediterranean, the train will get you there. It’s easy, relaxing, and highly convenient. Here are our reasons for traveling Europe by train:
1. Easy Access: Nearly every city has a train station, and most of them have trained multiple times a day. If you’re traveling around in-country, the trains run hourly, if not more often.
2. Practical: With European rail travel, check-in means getting on the train. No need to arrive hours in advance, walk through a metal detector or pack less than 3oz of liquid.
3. Freedom: Sit back and relax, walk around the train a bit or stare out the window at beautiful views. No seatbelt prevents you from moving about, and you can listen to electronics the entire journey!
4. Environmentally Friendly: When you travel by train through Europe, you choose a mode of transportation that pollutes far less than others.
5. Centrally Located: One of the best things about European rail travel is the excellent location of the train stations. Major train stations are suitable in the town center with shops, restaurants, and hotels right at the doorstep. Also, most stations have access to local transportation such as subways and busses so getting to your final destination is a breeze!
6. Great Views: You see much more than traffic on the highway or clouds. From the lakes and mountains of Switzerland and the big cities of Italy to the countryside of France and the beaches of Spain, you see more while riding the train. And if you see something you like, you have the flexibility to get off the train!
7. No Hassle at Borders: When traveling through Schengen countries, you won’t have to go through security checks at the border.
8. Meeting People: The best place to get recommendations for a new city to visit or a restaurant is by talking to newfound friends on the train. There are many locals and travelers, so you’re bound to get some great tips.
9. Bring your Baggage: Unlike flying, you don’t have to pay for your baggage, nor is there a bag limit. Trains have overhead racks for luggage and a luggage area in each train car.
10. Just Like Home: Most trains offer electrical outlets so you can watch a movie on your iPad without running down the battery. There is also a food cart that serves everything from dinner and drinks to candy and snacks. Some trains even come with complimentary meals!
Choose European rail travel with any of our rail passes. Discover Europe using the most modern, safe, and budget-friendly means of transportation possible.