Dublin in a Day
Sure, St. Patrick’s Day might be over, but our eyes are still on Ireland. Dublin is the perfect place to visit for a day or a week. If you’ve only got a day, we’ve got some must-sees to add to your list.
- St Patrick’s Cathedral – this impressive church is 822 years young and the largest church in Ireland – the spire is 140 feet! It’s worth visiting to see the gothic architecture, the 4,000 pipe organs, and listen to the fantastic choir.
- National Museum – step back in time and learn about the history and culture of Ireland. See prehistoric works of art, medieval Celtic art, and modern collections.
- Grafton Street – take a stroll up and down this street and see what it’s like to be a local. Pop into quaint shops, eat local food, and listen to local musicians. You might even see Bono perform.
- Guinness Storehouse – learn about what goes into a frothy pint of Guinness when you visit the Storehouse. There’s also a history of advertising interactive exhibits, all topped off with a pint of Guinness!
- Dublin Castle – the old seat of British rule in Ireland, is now a major government complex. Pretend you’re a royal as you walk around the grounds.